JBL QUANTUM CUP TWITCH US GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Description: The ‘JBL Quantum Cup’ (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 12/11/2020 at 12:01 AM (Pacific Standard Time) and ends on 12/13/2020 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Standard Time) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (JBL) 400 Atlantic Street, 15th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries (as defined below) and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period. The potential prize winners of this Sweepstakes may be required to show proof of residency. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
- Winner Selection: There will be 45 (forty-five) randomly selected winners. The winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about 48 hours after the end of the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Entrants whose Entries are randomly selected (each, a “Potential Winner”) will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Each Potential Winner must accept the specified prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any Potential Winner who does not respond within 48 hours after notification is sent by Sponsor; or any notification that is returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture, and the Sponsor may choose an alternate Potential Winner without further notification. The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor. If the Potential Winner does not respond within the specified period, the Potential Winner forfeits the prize. In such an event, Sponsor may carry out a replacement random drawing to determine a new Potential Winner. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that an Entry is invalid or that an entrant is ineligible after the entry was selected as a Potential Winner, the prize will automatically be deemed forfeited and Sponsor may carry out a replacement random drawing to determine a new Potential Winner.
- Prizes: Each Potential Winner will receive one of the following 45 (forty-five) prizes, with prizes awarded in the following order:
- – First 3 (three) winner(s) will receive 1 (one) JBL Quantum ONE (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$299.95; for a total of $899.85)
- – Next 6 (six) winner(s) will receive 1 (one) JBL Quantum 800 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$199.95; for a total of $1,199.70)
- – Next 6 (six) winner(s) will receive 1 (one) JBL Quantum 600 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$149.95; for a total of $899.70)
- – Next 9 (nine) winner(s) will receive 1 (one) JBL Quantum 400 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$99.95; for a total of $899.55)
- – Next 12 (twelve) winner(s) will receive 1 (one) JBL Quantum 50 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$29.95; for a total of $359.40)
- – Last 9 (nine) winners(s) will receive 1 (one) signed 100 Thieves Jersey (approximate retail value or “ARV”: USD$100.00; for a total of $900.00)
Total ARV of all Prizes: $5,158.20.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prize may be issued in the form of a gift card at Sponsor’s discretion. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner, and winner is not entitled to any surplus between the actual retail value of the prize and the listed value. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. . Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. The prizes will be sent to the winner by mail to the postal address provided. The risk is transferred to the winner when the prize is handed over to a postal delivery service. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost deliveries or delivery damages.
- How to Enter: To participate and enter this Sweepstakes, entrants will need a Twitch account (a “Social Media Account”).If entrants don’t already have a Twitch account, they can visit www.twitch.com to create one; creating a Twitch account is free. By submitting your information and creating a Twitch account, they will be required to agree to the Twitch terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to Twitch’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Twitch account.
To enter the Sweepstakes, eligible individuals (“Entrants”) must view the Twitch stream shown on the JBL Audio Twitch channel (the “Stream”) and leave a comment in the comment section of the Stream during the event that includes a designated keyword (as defined by the event moderator).
Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitch or service that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Twitch for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Twitch, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to set his/her Social Media Account as applicable, to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check such account for any Sponsor direct messages.
- Premature Termination and Amendments: Sponsor reserves the right to prematurely terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part without reason at any time or to change its course if it is not possible to guarantee the proper execution of the Sweepstakes for technical (e.g. computer virus, manipulation of or errors in software/hardware), legal or other reasons not within the control of Sponsor, including without limitation, pandemic or other disasters.
- Taxes. Some of the Prizes listed may be taxable to Winner as income. In such an event, the Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. The Winner will be issued a form 1099 by Sponsor for the value of the Prize, and in order to receive any Prize(s) over $600.00, Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a social security number. Each Winner must contact the Winner’s own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, natural disasters, disruptions due to the pandemic, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the Potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that the only remedy for dispute relating to this Sweepstakes is an entry. Any disputes relating to the receipt of the Prize that cannot be resolved between you and the Sponsor, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York City, New York having jurisdiction. You consent to personal jurisdiction in such court, and waive any right you may have to a trial by jury. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a self-addressed stamped envelope where allowed to Harman International Industries, Incorporated (JBL) 400 Atlantic Street, 15th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901, on or before 120 days after the Contest end date along with your request for a list of winners.